Below are some commonly asked questions and their answers.
How to lodge a complaint?
- Report to any nearest Police Station
- Discuss the matter with a Police Officer (whether its civil or criminal)
- If it’s a criminal matter then fill up crime report, and get a yellow copy. (this will help you follow up with your complaint)
- Make a complaint statement, and sign it.
- Police start Investigation.
What are the visiting hours for police custody?
Opening hours from 9am – 5pm including the Weekend
No night visits except special circumstances.
How to report a lost or stolen item?
You can report an lost item anytime 24/7 to SPS HQ
- The process takes 3 working days
- Can’t uplift Insurance Report on weekends
- You must have birth cert & passport photo, OR driver’s license, OR C.I.
Applicable Fee (CASH ONLY)
Non-Citizen $50 WST
Citizen $30 WST
What is needed when registering a firearm?
There are two main categories for registering a firearm; Farming or Sports. Please see the requirements for registering a firearm on our Registering a Firearm page.
When do I need to register a dog?
- The dog owner must be at least 21 years old.
- A maximum of 3 dogs can be registered under one person
- $5 fee for any dog to be registered
- If you wish to register more than 3 dogs then a permit must be applied
- This permit cost $30 samoan tala
- $10.00 registration fee for every dog that is more than 3